Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Things I've learned as a mom...

1. NEVER put 2 girls with opposite personalities in the same swim class
2. Always count on having laundry, I'm averaging 2 loads a day and I'm still behind
3. You will dream of having double ovens, double dishwashers, double washer and dryers and a maid.
4. Summer camp and grandparents are lifesavers
5. Going to the pool as a parent is so not as fun as a non parent. If you're a parent, you're by default going in even if the water is freezing
6. Sand is of the devil. That applies for sand boxes, playgrounds, and beaches. I daily clean little piles of sand from the floor.
7. You need a good vacuum cleaner, a broom and a mop
8. Diaper wipes are still useful even when no one wears diapers any longer. Cheetos fingers? No problem. Jam on a shirt? Done.
9. At some point you will call your mom or dad and apologize for your actions as a child
10. Your parents will laugh at you
11. Your parents will turn against you and buy the children noisy toys, candy, smelly bubbles, and glitter everything
12. You'll debate each night whether to go to bed early or catch up on Netflix or a book. Sleep always wins.
13. They are petri dishes. The only thing they willingly share is pestilence
14. Life revolves around knowing where the closest bathroom is at all times. Bathrooms are crucial.
15. It's all worth it when you get to be on the receiving end of hugs and kisses goodnight and the I Love you drawings

No comments:

Post a Comment