Wednesday, January 28, 2015

It's a start

Today was my first appointment with my psychologist. I should have done this a long, long time ago. I was so anxious about it and needlessly stressed about even the visit. Why did I wait so long??? Dr M was great. I really like her spirit, and we talked for over an hour!! I feel like I am on the path to adjusting and getting well. She gave me some breathing techniques to help with my constant heart palpitations and sweating. She also made some book recommendations, so I have something to read as homework. She then made a referral to a psychiatrist to have her opinion as well. She was very surprised that with my history I had never been on medication for my anxiety.

I have made an appointment with Dr E, the psychiatrist for the end of February. I'm also on the waiting list for a quicker appointment. Hopefully they can get me in sooner.... That would be much better. I'm ready to start dealing with this and waiting for the next step isn't helping much. I won't have another therapy appointment until after I meet with Dr E. In the meantime, I am going to start breathing more and going easier on myself. I also need to slow down and FOCUS!

On another note, my PCP increased my thyroid meds. My levels has returned almost to where I was prior to starting medication. So we will see how the increase in meds affects my mood and energy levels.

I'm optimistic today. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment