So today was my appointment with the nurse practitioner at WBWC. Originally, my appointment was supposed to be this past Tuesday, but due to this week's dreary weather, it was postponed until this morning. Things were good and bad.
The good:
We talked about pre-conception concerns like when I would have my IUD taken out, my current medications and how we could alter them if and when I got pregnant (if alter them at all), what things I should be doing now, and we discussed my anxiety. She also gave me some suggestions for preventing migraines, advice that she gives her maternity patients.
The bad:
Talking about my anxiety resulting in me panicking a bit right there and running my blood pressure up. Usually my BP runs around 110/75. It never has been 120/80. When the nurse took it, it was 122/90!!! SERIOUSLY? So we waited another 10 minutes for it to go down to 115/85. Still high on the diastolic, but better. So now I have to monitor it for a few weeks and let her know if I notice it not going down.
More good:
I have an action plan for my anxiety. I was able to get a list of therapists to check out. I really need to learn better coping mechanisms for my anxiety. I'd rather not be on medications for it, but will if that's truly what it takes. I think therapy would do me some good as well with all the changes I'm planning. So the plan right now is to add Vitamin B12, vitamin D, and magnesium to my daily regimen. B12 and D to help improve my mood. Magnesium to help me sleep at night.
Potentially bad:
Because I've been feeling kinda blue lately (probably slightly depressed), I've not been as active as I usually am. I haven't run since December. And I've been eating crap. Lots of processed, fried foods, haven't been drinking as much water, been drinking soda and coffee, and I picked back up eating fast food. All are bad bad bad with my family history. So part of me thinks (knows) that when my lipid panel comes back, my cholesterol levels may not be where I want them.
Good to counteract the potentially bad:
So I've decided to change up my eating practices. No more fast food or processed crap. No more soda. Limit to 1 cup of coffee a day. And I'm going to start juicing/green smoothies. I need something new to jumpstart me. So after work today, I'm headed to Target for a Nutribullet and to Barnes & Noble for a book on green smoothies. Hoping to get some ideas and really work on my life instead of lazily, passively letting it pass me by.
All in all, an okay morning. There were both good and bad things that happened.
I then returned to work, and got great news that my bonus has been pushed through and should arrive in my bank account by the 11th! Now to not spend it all on frivolous things like iPad mini's and such.
No comments:
Post a Comment